Sunday, August 23, 2009

Cream Cheese Cherry Dessert

For my grandma's birthday we had her and my cousin (with his g/f) over to Mom's house. As usual, Mom was in charge of dinner and I handled the dessert. The week before we'd gone to a baby shower where my aunt made this awesome cream cheese/cherry/blueberry dessert. Well she took too long to email me the recipe so I found one similar at Cooks.com.

CREAM CHEESE CHERRY DESSERT
1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
3 tbsp. butter, melted
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
FILLING:
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1 c. powdered sugar
1 tbsp. milk
1 (8 oz.) container Cool Whip
1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling
Melt butter and combine with graham cracker crumbs, sugar and cinnamon. Pat in a 9 x 13 inch pan. Refrigerate crust while preparing filling. Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and milk. Beat until smooth. Beat in Cool Whip. Spread evenly over graham cracker crust. Refrigerate until cool. Spread cherry pie filling over top. Chill.

I found that this recipe would really fit better in an 8 x 8 pan. I doubled the crust and the filling for a 9 x 13. I could have actually tripled the filling if I'd had the ingredients. Aside from the pan size problems, the dessert was super easy to make and tasted fantastic! I did half of the pan with cherry pie filling and the other half with blueberry pie filling. It turned out looking like something fitting for the 4th of July.I only got the one photo of it...and of course forgot to take one after it was cut. Yes, 1 blueberry got away from me. :)

0 comments: