So I'm a little bit behind on blogging. Thursday, May 21 ground was broken for our house! We went out on Saturday to take some pictures and snoop around. So far they've got the hole dug and the basement walls framed and ready to be poured. It's so exciting to finally see the 'house' sitting there, knowing where on the lot it will be and where in relation to the neighbors. The foundation looks small. I have this hang up about our house being small but every time I go to the model of our house I'm pleasantly surprised at how big it is. It is just over 2100 sq ft.
Here's a couple pictures from last week.
Here I'm standing in the driveway facing the house. The garage is the pile of dirt...kitchen is directly behind that, with the formal dining/living room next to it.
Here I'm standing on a large pile of dirt in our back/side yard. That's the morning room sticking off the back of the house.We will be heading out there again probably tomorrow to take more pictures. From what our project manager has told us, they've got the foundation all poured and have started back-filling with dirt. This week we can expect to see framing going up and possibly the basement/garage floors poured.





0 comments:
Post a Comment