Monday, February 11, 2008

Song in progress

The concept of the song comes from the ability of a women to turn a good mood into a bad mood with the ease of flipping a switch. This isn't necesarrily a bad thing though. In order for a woman to have this emotional control they must hold a place of adoration and respect in their victims heart. This deals more with the reality of relationships that popular music tends to pass over. Case in point: my fiance has the ability to take me from cloud nine to ground floor in about 30 seconds. The conversation starts with something that I feel is witty or important. Then she belittles my statement, which makes me try harder to convey the significance of what I've just told her. When she finally drops the hammer, I have successfully completed an emotional J-turn (a 180 degree turn for those not into stunt driving). This sounds like a bad thing, but not so. She wouldn't hold this power over me if I didn't love her and care for her opinion. She also has the uncanny ability to cheer me up no matter what I'm going through. It doesn't happen often, but I do get upset. It never fails that all she has to do is say something in baby voice and smile and I'm ok again. She kind of got the shit end of the stick. I can't cheer her up for the life of me. I think the fact that I'm happy all the time just makes her more pissed off, rather than rubbing of on her. So it's ok that she rains on my parade, because she's the reason it happens at all.

"Rain on My Parade"

Verse: *In Progress*

Chorus:
Sometimes she rains on my parade,

By telling me it's not gonna be ok.

I could turn my head and pretend,

that she didn't offend and make me feel 3 feet tall,

But without her, there'd be no parade at all.

Rest of Song:
*In Progress*

0 comments: