Tuesday, February 12, 2008

New Title

I'm tired...worked 10-6 today...ah well.
So I was promoted at work on Sunday. We're opening a new Hampton Inn & Suites in Waco on March 1 and I was originally going there to be the front office manager. Well I worked my last A shift this past Sunday at the old hotel and while my manager was there he said he wanted me to be the Reservations Manager instead. I know you probably don't think there's much difference...there is. First off, I get my own office! Secondly I work Monday-Friday. Third, I will be mainly booking groups, meetings and special events. Fourth, (not sure if it'll actually happen since I'm only there for 3 more months) I get business cards. Fifth, I got a raise. Now my raise isn't much, but it's still there. Mostly I'm excited about having an office and not having to stand at the front desk for hours on end. It will greatly improve my "at work" attitude.
In other news, I move back to NY in 3 months. I can't begin to get into how excited I am about that.
I got my hair cut last night and it was fabulous. The girl did a great job and I'll be sure to go back 1 more time before I move.
I think it's time to watch some tv...but just one final note:
I hate my downstairs neighbor. She is inconsiderate, loud, moronic...basically a 1st class pain in the ass. Her music is always so loud, she talks so loud, and she parties so loud. I can't wait to not have to deal with her anymore.






I've been missing Ace a lot lately.

Good night.

0 comments: