Saturday, March 20, 2010

#1 Read 30 books


Between flying to Texas and then given all the downtime we had there, I was able to finally get book #1 under my belt. I'd heard good things about Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen and went to Border's to pick it up, along with a few others. When I got there I found that Sara Gruen had written Riding Lessons. I was of course intrigued...a book written about horses that was not geared towards preteens. I decided to pick it up. I quite enjoyed it. Her research was pretty good and I was minimally annoyed (as I sometimes get while reading about horses).

The book was about a woman going through divorce, having trouble with her teenage daughter, dealing with the steadily declining health of her father, and the struggle with getting back into the horse business/world after being gone for 20 years due to a horrific riding accident.

I think I will be going back to get the sequel, Flying Changes, when I get a chance.

0 comments: